In the wee small hours of the morning....two moms were chatting from almost 2000 miles apart. They were seperated by two times zones, 30+ driving hours, a very large mountain range and more rivers than you want to count...but connected by good friendship and four little girls who adore each other....



Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Magic in Washington

I'm sorry once again to say that I am late in posting this. Perhaps after the holidays I will get on a better schedule but until then please bare with me and keep coming back to check out the great books we are reading these days!!





For once I was actually going to be on time... we read the book last Monday night and started our craft on Tuesday. I thought for sure I was actually going to be early!!! That's what I get for thinking! lol I had seen an idea for this craft on a blog (sorry I can't remember which one!) and it was making a fall center piece...but after reading this book I thought it would work for making snowmen too!

I gathered all the materials....
And thought it thru enough to cut the bottom flat so it wouldnt roll....


So, in the spirit of my personal blog perceptions post I decided to still share this not so perfect craft with you....while the idea behind gluing beans all over these foam balls worked in my head.... in all actuality it SOO didn't... the girls tried and they tried but in the end we had about 10 beans on each snowman that actually took and more glue on our hands than I care to remember.... So, for now, this craft is sitting on top of my fridge gathering dust until I have time to attack them with a hot glue gun for round two of our "snowman" craft! lol

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear...you are looking for crafts you can actually do with your kiddos! lol  So we went back to the drawing board!! :)

Pictures to follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think...please let us know how you've been able to use this entry and a link to your post if you'd like!